in San Mateo, California
MOVIN' ON UP
When was the last time you hosted a Friday night BBQ pool party that ended with a viewing of Ghostbusters in a private 16-seat personal movie theater? That’s just the beginning of Metropolitan’s award winning living experience. 20-ft. ceilings, onsite fitness center, 50-ft. lap pool and a location right in the middle of San Mateo will keep you busy and happy for a long, long time.
Choose Your Floorplan
I want to pay...
- Show all
- A little (0-$1000)
- A little bit more ($1000-$2000)
- Moderately ($2000-$3000)
- Impress my friends ($3000++)
bed / bath
- Show all
- Studio / 1 Bathroom
- 1 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
- 2 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
- 2 Bedrooms / 2 Bathrooms
- It's a non-stop party over here
Nothing to see here.But don't move along. Expand your search and give it another try…
Amenities for Metropolitan
Fido and Mr. Whiskers Are Welcome
We champion an all-inclusive, Friends With Paws Program. No more weight limits, height restrictions or “Best in Show” hoops and hurdles. We’ll greet your four-legged confidante as a distinguished guest with a Welcome Kit that includes tasty treats and toys to help your pal feel right at home. Our staff can even help the two of you find suitable pet grooming and daycare services when you need them.
*For the pooches breed restrictions do apply. Two pet maximum per home.
**Additional deposit required upon move-in.
***All pets are subject to compatibility screening.
Pet policy varies by property, call for details.
Never far from facebook
Get online anytime with free WiFi in most common areas. So, no matter where you are at home, you’re connected.
No smoking. Serious.
Our community is absolutely, 100%, without a doubt smoke free. No butts about it. It’s better for you, your neighbors and our neighborhood.
Stop hoarding quarters
Laundry isn’t fun. Doing it in a Laundromat makes it worse. With an in-home washer and dryer you can stop wasting Sunday afternoons waiting for a machine to free up and start doing your laundry on your own schedule.
Cool like the Fonz
Nothing beats the heat during the dog days of summer like a perfectly climate controlled den of relaxation. A/C’s pretty nice when it’s just a little too warm out too. Set your in-home thermostat to wherever you like it and chill.
But a friendly game of Marco Polo never did anybody wrong. That’s where our onsite pool comes in handy. Swim some laps, cool off or just laze poolside.
We’ve got you covered
Park your car in a covered spot every night. Covered parking means fewer cat paw prints, less wear and tear on your baby and a shaded, dry entrance and getaway every time.
Full Amenities List
- Twenty-eight dramatic floor plans including lofts with 20 ft. ceilings*
- First floor exterior homes have large patios
- Condo-style 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments
- Gas fireplaces with limestone surrounds and mantel*
- Pre-wired for in-home networking
- Italian tile in entry, bathrooms, kitchens and dining room
- Crown molding
- Large kitchen pantries
- GE Stainless Steel ENERGY STAR 22.0 Cu. Ft. Bottom-Freezer French-Door Refrigerator with adjustable shelves, 2 crispers, snack drawer and ice maker.
- GE Stainless Steel 24' ENERGY STAR Built-In Dishwasher With 4-Level PowerScrub wash system/ hot start option/ heated dry option self-cleaning filter system.
- GE Stainless Steel 30'' ENERGY STAR Free-Standing gas range with extra-large oven capacity, self clean oven, sealed burners, cast iron heavy duty grates.
- GE Stainless Steel 1.5 Cu. Ft. ENERGY STAR capacity over-the-range microwave with turntable and externally vented exhaust system.
- GE® white super 3.2 cubic ft. capacity washer with auto balancing system
- GE® white 5.7 cubic ft. extra-large capacity front loading electric dryer
- GE® .5 horsepower garbage disposal with quiet power sound package
- European white cabinetry with brushed chrome hardware
- Master bedroom suites with large walk-in closets and mirrored wardrobe doors
- Air conditioning
- Pre-wired for in-home networking
- Granite slab countertops in kitchen and bath
- Resident conference center
- Lap swim in the large swimming pool (50 ft. x 23 ft.)
- Soak in the spa
- Granite shower, tub surrounds and bathroom countertops
- Oversized soaking tubs
- Professional on-site management and maintenance team members at your service
- Planned resident social activities
- Relax, meet, and play in our clubhouse which features gourmet kitchen facilities, gas fireplace and steam saunas adjacent to out 16-seat movie theater with surround sound
- Break a sweat in our center for strength training and fitness, including treadmills, elliptical trainers, Stairmaster, recumbent bike, free weights and weight machines, all while distracting yourself with 2 flat screen TVs
- Unwind in the sauna
- Underground controlled-access parking
- Plug in and power up at our on-site Electric Vehicle charging station
- Convenient to Hillsdale and Bridgepointe shopping centers and downtown
- Within walking distance of the tennis courts Central Park, Japanese Tea Garden and playgrounds
- 30 min. south of San Francisco, 40 min. north of San Jose and 35 min. west of Oakland
- Near mass transit and Caltrain Highway 92, 101, 280 and SF Airport
- Close to Poplar Creek Golf Course, Coyote Point Museum.
- *AMENITIES VARY BY FLOORPLAN/RESIDENCE
Explore The Neighborhood
Metropolitan is just down the street from Central Park, offering tennis courts and a tournament-ready softball field. A drive down El Camino Real gets you to Whole Foods, and a year-round Farmers' Market at the College of San Mateo. Then there’s the never-ending foodie adventure that inhabits downtown. No matter how you slice it, this is way more than okay.